Tuesday, March 02, 2010

WARRINTON BUSES BEWARE THE STASI

I popped out to Warrington at lunch time yesterday as it was nice and sunny down the road at Ellesmere port however as so often is the case a dark cloud hung over Warrington which was lorther to budge, hence a somewhat shady version of the buses. Only the one decker as seen here, otherwise entirely saloons, saw one Stawberry bus, my first, it's only hourly though.



I had been there about half an hour when a kid in a grey jacket sidled up to me, a 'town centre warden' , 'what was i doing, we have to ask you know, you were picked up on CCTV'. Well as he was quite polite and non confrontational I told him, I was just a bus enthusiast and he went on his way mumbling into his radio. Not unusual for Warrington although when new bus station opened it was usually their security, before that run ins with the shopping centre security. All this happens on public rights of way, nowhere near the facilities, Warrington has got big brotheritus it seems and it isn't going away. Not a pleasant place in any shape or form although the bus drivers are generally very friendly. One of the last bastions of municipal transport, the centre though has been developed beyond recognition and is awful.
I got the Plymouth DVD edited and cover done and before dark laid the fresh pebbles in the green house. It continues very frosty but is clear again today ( except Warrington?). I've got all my dad's medals cleaned, including his TA medal which was never worn, he got it when he finished. A surprise as it was inscribed to Sgt GJ Spencer, he was obviously promoted to sergeant shortly before he wrapped up as the band moved too far away to practise with.
















No comments: