Thursday, March 04, 2010

ITS A HARD DISC THAT CRASHES

a Brummie start to today's proceedings, it was all I had to hand but given the free time ( see below) I spent an evening trimming digitised photos and hope to start getting stuff printed up ready for Boyle St later this month.














You will have read of my latest computer problems, I dashed home last night and spent ages rebooting with rescue discs and consulting with Siren Technology. The upshot was that they reckon the hard drive on programme side has failed and they are coming out next Monday to fit a new one. Hence editing is at a standstill this week so I diverted on to photos. I need to get out into the garage tonight and renumber the DVD stock boxes which went adrift a bit back end last year and then look at what stock is required in the photos. I'm trying to get some logic to the stock position so that all an area is in one box and can't get mixed up, you wouldn't believe how people screw them up.
Yesterday I got the September Italian trip sorted, designed to pick up when their school holidays end and transport returns to normal after the summer shutdowns and reductions. Milan must be one of the most expensive places for hotels worldwide, rage from £200 - 700 a night. Most of the trip will be based on Bologna.
The tale of the missing New Year Card and Medallion from Li in Handan, China
Hello, Dave and Mandy!
Good evening! First I must tell you both a very good news which your card and the Gold Plated Medallion appeard to me! Here I used a word “appeared” means it reached our school before the Spring Festival and one of the school gatekeepers received and affixed her signature. Then she locked it in her chest or drawers and went home for the festival. She had days rest and came back school to work days bafore and she thought of it suddenly when she met me at the schoolgate as I came to school tonight this time. What a mistake she made and that made you and me have been thinking of it for a such long time since you told me in your email on February 14th. I could have already got it if she hadn’t forgotten telling me or passing me it. And you would have already got the good news and how it would be fun that we could have encountered with some wine and celebrated across the Atlantic Ocean. Anyway we needn’t worry about it now. I’ve made some photos after I received it immediately. I attached them here to express it is OK. How wonderful and dazzling the brilliance looks! This is one of the most precious gift to me.
I’ve also received your pictorial essay with some photographs attached. The scenes looked very beautiful and clean. Here it snowed the day before yesterday heavily and it looked white everywhere. Just like the snow melted quickly in your hometown the snow here also melted quickly the second day. The temperature here is below zero these days and it is colder than the days passed. I think it is a little colder here than in your hometown.
I hope you should wear more warm clothes to keep your knee warm from the cold. I hope your knee would be cured compeletly and a healthy knee could carry you to everywhere you want to do your more filming work!
Our school arranged our English teachers to train the teaching technical skills in the Education Bureau from March 1st. It will last for 5 days to the 5th. The Education Bureau is about more than 20 kilometers far and we have to go there by bus. We have lessons the whole day and we have no place to have a short rest at noon and we have to do window shopping. So it made me feel very tired. Even so I couldn’t have a good rest in the evening because my junior fellow apprentices still came to practise training or playing Taijiquan with me together as usual. I really had no time to write at the day time so I had to write at night time.
It is so late now and it is 0:15 in the next day early morning. I’m afraid I have to go to bed.

No comments: