Thursday, June 17, 2010

MESSAGE FROM MY PAL LI IN CHINA

Its hard in China to reach the whole world on the web they aren't able to access many features we take for granted so I pass on my friend Li's emails excluding confidential or work related items.

It seems the real summer comes. It is very hot outside with the highest temperature of 37 degrees centigrade today. For mane days we haven't had any rain and I think it began to be drought. The flowers I planted are nearly dried by the sunshine. I've watered them several times these days. The earth around the plants even the roots is early dry. Oh! My poor plants! They have just grown as long as 0.3 or 0.5 meters now. In the field the farmers have already harvested all the wheat quickly with the perfect weather. It is said that it'll have a thunder shower the day after tomorrow. I've been expecting it.



We had three days holiday for the Dragon Boat Festival from June 14th to 16th. Maybe you know it is a Chinese traditional festival. Chinese made it a holiday years before. This holiday made me a little relax and have time to read your email carefully. I enjoyed your photos as I read your email. I envy your life and your frieds' life. I like the environment around you whenever you were, the blue sky, the white cloud, the green trees the colourful flowers and the fresh air. I felt I could see the journey as you were on road and the things whatever it happened helplessly or dangerously. I knew a little about the tunnel under the sea contact England with French. It is one of the greatest projects in the world.


Today is the first day we started work after our Dragon Boat Festival. I had two classes' of students' lessons taught and other than that I spent most of time to help others print written materials. The school office set for printing the tabulation of teachers' moral evaluation. After school we all teachers had a meeting evaluated each other. In our school the Six Grade's education exam ended and the Nine Grade's education exam will come. Others will be finished until 27th. It is said we'll have our summer holiday on 2nd of July. So we'll have much work to do these hot days. The temperature today reached the highest of 37 degrees centigrade. It is said that it'll have a thunder shower tonight and I expected it coming soon.


I noticed a news that it is said the British petroleum company is responsible for handling the gulf oil leakage accident costs. It'll be cost much of money. This is a big disaster.


I finish with my own little Brighton tribute to add to the celebrations from last weekend which John described to me last night before jetting off to Switzerland.

No comments: