Wednesday, June 09, 2010

LOOKNING BACK AT THE GERMAN TRIP

well I wouldn't say I found a replacement for Guinness but the German Schwarzbier was very acceptable and I downed a few litres. The Moli Steam locos near Rostock were where we noticed the puncture early in the trip. Friend Martin captured me complete with camera, or was it John. Actually the car on the left of the steam train is ours and looks remarkably clean, hence you know it's the early part of our journey.
So what has happened after my back went last night, well I stopped working and took pain killers, I think the Ametryptelene pills stopped it from getting too bad and although sore I've lived to fight another day although we have declared gardening off limits at present and got someone to come in and finish off my finishing off if that makes any sense.
Busy with the Balkan trip plasnning for August. spread sheet all completed but can't contact the Pristina hotel, perhaps it has gone bust already. The new microphone, tripod etc is now due for delivery tomorrow, I need to get the camera up to Oldham to get a new strap ordered through warranty.  I'm still wading through making the German / Polish DVDs of the trip, approaching 2000 films now.

No comments: