Tuesday, June 29, 2010

LAST NIGHT DINNER AT THE BELLS

last night we decided to give the Bells of Peover another chance, the food was good, wine a bit pricey but overall not really much more expensive than any of the pubs in Cheshire. Working our way up the photos my starter, chicken liver with tapenade and something like dry stuffing, not sure what but didn't taste of anything then next up my organic white chicken with Wirral watercress and chips, what can you do with a chicken, not particular taste but then nothing wrong with it. Then my pudding, a banana split sundae, delicious-best part of the meal for me. The restaurant was full of business types, very full for a Monday night so they are obviously doing something right, has a Robinsons XP ale, very tasty. Service was attentive , bit noisy with business men shouting above the ever increasing row not exactly a quiet wedding anniversary meal but we'd give it another go some time. Access over the now badly eroded and dislodged cobbles is poor, surely they could sort some entry for disabled around the back from the car park. Rotten night, both Mandy and I were awake most of the time, my knee was worst its been for weeks even Diazapan didn't get me to go off for quite a while and Mandy was sick with her reflux problem. Tired out today, back from work and a nap in the garden

No comments: