Sunday, January 31, 2010

MARION SPENCER MEMORIES FROM FAMILY FILES

the time off work following my second knee operation gave me plenty of space to get some scanning of archives done and now i can start to put it all together, this was Marion my adopted mother in 1940s

at the end of the 70s she paid a visit to her eldest sister who had emigrated to Melbourne, Australia, she did this article for the SEGAS accounts newsletter
another SEGAS article about the amount of gas gadgets she had












staying with SEGAS, this one covers an office move and was by amazing coincidence in the same edition as an article on my friend Tim Bubb and his Guy special GS bus.
Last night was the Clonter opera prize, yet again I picked the overall winner which was also the audiences choice, despite the name, Natalya Romaniw hails from Swansea in South Wales. It was a close call all around with a very consistent effort from all entrants. As usual great company although the catering was below usual standard ( the chicken looked good though).
Back to work tomorrow, did you participate in the big garden bird watch this weekend, I cleaned out our extra long feeder which I finally rediscovered after falling into autumn debris at the bottom of the garden.

No comments: