Sunday, August 08, 2010

JUST BACK FROM HERNE BAY BUS RALLY

This years Herne Bay rally was pulled together at relatively short notice by Julian Bowden picture top aided by family and friends in aid of the usual Childrens Hospice Charity and backed this year by both the local council and with Stagecoach back on board as it were. Sunshine soon replaced early ugly dark clouds and the temperature mounted as did the queues for the buses. This event always has a good atmosphere and this was once more noticeable , great to see so many regulars and the camaraderie amongst our band of traders who readily offered to help when I put my back out early on today, thankfully, so far its not too bad, fingers crossed. Lost my money out of my trouser pocket  so no treats today for me. Takings were about 20% down on last years enormous total so by this years reckoning it was a real confidence booster. I'll bring you more view of the weekend plus the Portsmouth pics promised but not delivered!!

No comments: