Monday, September 22, 2008

JOHN LOFTHOUSE KELSICK PARK SKINFLINT









I got my first negative feedback on EBay from someone with the handle southey06, found his original order :-

John Lofthouse

65 Kelsick Park

Seaton

Workington

Cumbria

CA14 1PY

01900 605167,


I ask you support by blocking this person ( into trams) from any transactions he may attempt, the complaint was about postage, it was as stated but he wanted an extra discount, yet again buyers trying to blackmail sellers. This is most frustrating especially when you have already discounted it by £4 on EBay, then another 20% off in a sale. I can't believe how nasty people in the hobby can be, they are often malicious, vindictive, idiots, cheapskate, lying, greedy and probably do nothing to contribute themselves other than to find fault. Little wonder that I lose my patience and wish I'd just done trucks and never bothered with trams in the first place, lorries seem to attract a much more pleasant sort of hobbyist who are more practical and supportive.


This rather soured the return from what had hitherto been pleasant weekend away in Blackpool filming bloody trams. Actually I got a programme on buses lasting 60 minutes and 90 minutes on the trams in super sunny clear blue skies, even the placid sea looked blue, a first for this location I think. We stayed at St Anne's Hotel which caters for people with disabilities, Mandy was at her Polio Fellowship AGM in Blackpool. It was probably ok for those with severe disabilities but was a bit institutional in décor and the food dire, staffed inevitably by Polish youngsters, I would say though that everyone would benefit by a night or two here and come to see how folk cope with relations with great physical or mental disability , sometimes both. The AGM at the Hilton was hot and stuffy but I was enjoying myself in the sunshine. The evening meal at the Hilton was much better than at St Anne's although the wedding in the next room produced a few chuckles as a local chav family lived out their foibles in full view.


The illuminations produced lots of extras on the trams with the first illuminated car venturing out late afternoon, a couple of boats, Princess Alice, the standard, Bolton, replica etc plus the recently restored decker looking super. On the way home we went through the Trough Of Bowland and stopped for lunch at the Inn At Whitewell, our second visit and it was just as good as the first time around last year. Got back about teatime and caught up with the post then pissed off with EBay, so what's new there then, another spoilt evening.


Actually now I know who this Southey character is, I think I'd find a way of paying him back, revenge is often sweet, I can hold a grudge for many a long year!


Cheering me up was Fiona and Connor Dunlea in Co Waterford,

'what an achievement, I'm enjoying every word of 'A Smudge on My Lens', you should be very proud, Well done.

they'll never realise how that perked me up tonight after that wretched Lofthouse character.
later to-night, I got this from Lofthouse
I asked a civil question about the postage I expected a civil answer or explanation not the malicious meaning infered in your message. As for the chip well lets face it nobody likes to pay more than needed. As for putting the price up keep the dummy. I will be going elsewhere in future. Thanks for the help john
not sure what the malicious bit was, anybody understand the rest, must be in Cumbrian shorthand?

No comments: