Wednesday, September 10, 2008

HEATON PARK TRANS LANCS BUS RALLY

shots as buses enter Heaton Park last Sunday before it raine ( again)



After my heartache last night with the horrid EBay customer ( why is it ALWAYS EBay) I've decided to concentrate as much as possible on truck / lorry films for a few days to let my loathing for the worst side of the bus hobby to subside. The truck lads always seem more straight forward and less hassle to deal with, first to come will be my 1998 coverage of Nepal and Indian trucks. After that Propose Asian trucks to include Hong Kong, Myanmar etc back in the 90s, still lots of UK derived units. I do have some nice archive film from Asia in 1980s courtesy Martin Rickitt which I may include, he did a bit on Pakistan's colourful trucks and also caught steam survivors in Sri Lanka.Time to have a break and planning some nights out at the Halle also Bryn Terfel is back at Bridgewater in Oct, also the last Clonter performance of Carmen comes next month. We hear that its make or break time for the Clonter Opera Farm trust as attendances this year have been well down at around 50% capacity.Mandy is pushing me to start my next book, that means she's almost finished residing 'Smudge' as we call it

The day did get better, spoke to a really nice helpful lady at Ebay and we have blocked the erring party from my site just in case. Booked for the Halle next wednesday night for a treat and radio in Sussex want to do a 'Smudge' interview just before Christmas. I hear orders as far as Ireland have now arrived, guess I'll have some signing to catch up with!

No comments: