Wednesday, September 03, 2008

IN THE EARLY DEEP MID WINTER





Bet I didn't get thrown out of Stockport bus station in those days!

Another wet, windy and cool day, the forecasts state that this perilous situation is likely to continue through the autumn with no respite. Heaton Park trans Lancs. rally is on Sunday in Manchester, its been awful for the past 2 events there and this looks liker following suite but we hope you come along and support us anyway whatever the weather does.
Last night I managed to catch up on all the DVD covers and started work editing John Bishops Netherlands trip from last month, starting with the Arnhem visit, preserved trolley, regular trolleys and the museum trams. Next I'll add Utrecht and see how it pans out. Still waiting for the flood of orders for my autobiography, come on its not that bad, I've lots of copies looking for good homes, signed at no extra cost - you can also buy on ebay, Amazon, Waterstones or wherever.
I must get a couple more truck archives ready before next round of adverts. By the way we've booked for Sheffield Meadowhall the following weekend, at least that’s on hard standing. Glad to have a day in the office and not dashing around so much although I can't see much gardening getting done its so wet, the front display still looks well, it should make it through to October at least. Lots of other jobs bobbing about, thousands of negatives still unlooked at to put on digital discs for instance and what about my vinyl record collection, about a third on CD now masses still to go, but then when do I ever find time to listen.
I uploaded a new clip onto Youtube last night, Norwich buses last weekend, looked colourful I thought. I must put on some more truck stuff as that gets the hits, we've now had over half a million hits on PMP films there, our blog gets about 40 hits a day which is better coverage than the old newsletters. Website hits a bit down these days which is surprising as its here that our main film list is stationed, updated every day , well almost, anything new is listed immediately and put on EBay. Did you know that on 24th Sept EBay changes quite a lot, shop help us and we've upgraded to a higher level of shop which should get more exposure.
Still nothing moving on the house dale, it’s a dead market but we are in no hurry. I expect people will be staying at home and saving money, that’s usually good for our film sales, by the way I chased our insurance company , we got the renewal it was nearly a grand for just contents and travel, after I queries it they dropped to £500, amazing what a phone call can save. Got the dispute with post office resolved after intervention by George Osborne our MP although the post still argue that the missing DVDs haven't been stolen, must be a black hole full of transport enthusiasts they've got- but I expect they were actually expecting something more saucy.

No comments: