Saturday, February 20, 2010

MANSFIELD AND DERBY

yes it was an East Midlands day today, just back from Derby and Mansfield, pictures here from the latter at the bus station. it's nearly 20 years since I last film,ed here, when they had Routemasters. Well the bus station hasn't changed, just the grime and wear of the passing decades. I think Mansfield have fared pretty roughly with out of town shopping centres leaving the place more of a dump than ever but that's councils for you, charge the earth for business rates and parking, little surprise towns are dying all around the country.




















I would however like to note that everyone in Mansfield was very friendly and absolutely no problems filming at the bus station other than the direction of the light which is probably why I usually avoid it. Variety wise well nothing fantastic but there are many worse and at least there are plenty of buses on frequent services.One Veolia and One Notts & Derby decker spotted during the day. Derby I bring you tomorrow. I'll get Sunday's blog done early as we are off the Rape of Lucretia at RNCM, Manchester in the afternoon. I the morning i intend getting the greenhouse cleaned and disinfected ready for seedlings in March. Weather still cold, frosty, occasional sleet but dry at present and bright.

No comments: