Tuesday, March 17, 2009

HEART OF THINGS FROM DERBY TO NOTTINGHAM











This coming Saturday will see us at Castle Donington near East Midlands airport for the Kelsey sponsored commercial auction and enthusiasts day, no idea at all what it will be like and its our first outside event of the year. Tomorrow I've my hospital appointment in the afternoon in Macclesfield, I'll report back tomorrow evening on that one.
Looking at the years event calendar
http://www.skylineaviation.co.uk/buses/events.html I highly recommend this site, Dick does a great job. Amongst the offerings are the Heart of the Pennines events at the Pierce Hall, Halifax, their site intimates that its the same as the event we used to sponsor but other than name and location is nothing at all to do with it and at £20 per 8' for a stall I can't see many want8ng to dip their feet in the water. They new team have never contacted Tony Blackman or myself about the resurrected event.

Its been a cold dull day, especially miserable after a few bright spring like days over the weekend, I'm working my way through the seedlings, just half a tray at a time ( 200 plants), even then it will be the end of the week before I finish and the greenhouse is already looking full. Yvonne and Graham are heading south this evening, nice seeing them of course although a diet may be necessary following Mandy's superb Syrup sponge last night.






I still need to do the DVD of Derby last Saturday and the cover for that plus the Runcorn trucks and get the Nottingham DVD done so plenty of work around. John has some 1960s London bus archive film to pass over at Cobham, a joint venture with ONLINE archives

No comments: