Thursday, November 30, 2006

WARRINGTON MEMORY LANE AGAIN BUSES




Someone remind me what my fourth picture was all about, a strip from an early trip to Warrington, I also did my first video there. The others are a bit more obvious, it really was a good spot in those days. I finished the LT trolley bus film after tea, car loaded for Boyle St, rendering some images before copying, perhaps I'll be able to put a clip on You Tube tomorrow night. Also sent out news letter re direction to blog etc.

2 comments:

JimmyMac said...

[From Warrington Trams & Buses p.86]
During the winter of 1976/77 WBCTD found itself desperately short of serviceable buses, due to delays in the delivery of recertifications. The problem was overcome by hiring buses from other operators, a situation which persisted until early 1979... Lothian Region Transport sent six of their Alexander-bodied Titan PD3/2s south early in 1978.

The book contains a picture of LRT 826 [EWS 826D] on loan, along with vehicles from Burnley & Pendle, Blackpool and Tayside. The red sign in the front nearside window is an "on hire" notice. Bit before my time, but hope this helps jog a few memories! :)

simon said...

hi dave my name is simon wood i spoke to u today 1st june 2009 i was working at wbt driving bus No 43 i think between 11.50am and 14.45 pm doing the 20 and 21 service i asked u if you could send me a copy off the photo's plz vie email my email address is simonwood05@hotmail.com hope you can help many thanks simon