Monday, November 06, 2006

THE END OF CHESTER LOTS AND MORE

good morning, the start of another autumal week but perhaps without the sunshine which offset the chill last week. At risk of sounding a grumpy old man, I turned the radio over this morning on the way to work, as is my wont I was listening to the Today prog on R4 when it was given over to some hysteric American babbling on making funny noises ( no it wasn't Bush), all so very different when it was dear old Brian Redhead at the helm. Anyway a hectic wekend, as you can see I popped into Chester Friday lunch time, Chester Council have started legal appeal against Arriva registration of routes to run on all Chester Buys routes in the New Year which would see them run into the ground a bit like Stagecoach used to do at Lancaster and Darlington. Other photographers were out and about as well. Saturday was the annual LOTS sale at the harrow Leisure centre. Our best day ever, it was almost like being back at the Westminster venure with quite large crowds at times, great to meet everyone, John and Maureen Bishop joined us, John signed his books and I even pressed the flesh and signed DVDs! Isn't fame wonderful. John and Maureen joined us at the hotel ( Premiere Travel Inn) South Epsom where we usually stay and had a good dinner, as usual a good quiet night at this location after some fireworks earlier. Sunday we visited my family in Stoneleigh and had late Sunday lunch on Epsom Downs overlooking the racecourse, but I forgot to take my camera.
















I picked up 5 new model buses for my collection and thankfully have finished the Bournemouth Trolleybus DVD, this week I'm doing one on London Trolleybuses. Also now in the pipeline as well as Merlins is London Country , then I'll try and get a few golden oldiers on DVD of the Manchester area ahead of Boyle St.

No comments: