Monday, June 01, 2009

WHAT A BLOOMIN SCORCHER AGAIN

Fair Isle, our abode, inside the Auld Haa , chez Tommy and Liz
Mandy aghast at Tommy's attentions, the hats his own creations. ( enough said?)

all Fair Isle, the Methodist chapel, services alternate between here and the Kirk


near the north lighthouse ( in distance) my hill walk, boy did my knee hurt that night



what wonderful coastal scenery everywhere

fog horn at North Lighthouse.

Another scorcher today, only minus I'm at work although I did manage to pop out at lunchtime and go to Warrington and catch up with the latest bus scene there. Meanwhile as ever another crop of Shetlands best. I've posted reviews of accommodation on Trip Adviser although I was surprised no one had previously reviews the Auld Haa with Tommy and Liz on Fair Isle. This is an amusing place with idiosyncratic Tommy providing zany wit and food in liberal doses whilst Liz sparks off and keeps the family peace whilst young Henry feeds the orphaned lambs. All good stuff, delightful place , the Out Skerries were another delight especially in the gorgeous sunshine albeit we were well muffled up, with wind chill its pretty damned cold out there.
It looks set to be good here again tomorrow, peaked at 28C this afternoon, my neck and shoulders are burnt, still more tidying in garden required plus I'm still on with DVD editing, that's never ending it seems, eventually I'll have time to do a new You tube entry, lots of good feedback and not too many nutters, the Karl Marx Stadt by Richard Lomas found particular favour along with New Zealand trucks at Christmas






No comments: