Thursday, June 11, 2009

JOBS DONE TO BE DONE

a Cumbrian theme this evening, some pics from my downloads off negs from my stint working at Windscale as it was then










I spent hours last night trying to load my latest films on to EBay , the picture upload just wouldn't work or at best took a dozen attempts before it 'caught', wrote to EBay support, usual reply today about clearing memory, same old, same old, their customer support is about on par with chocolate fireguards and never seems to get any better, they never address the issue raised which as I managed to do the uploading at 6.45 this morning is surely just that their system can't cope when it's busy. Just try and do anything on a Sunday evening and it grinds to a complete standstill which this week is pretty well what sales are at, quietest for a while despite the ongoing sale offers. I had hoped to get out today at lunchtime but we had meetings on , still tomorrow I'm up at Brathay in the Lakes, if the course is over before too late I may be able to get up to Keswick for some truck film although the weather isn't looking that bright. It is also heading downhill for Gaydon motor museum truck do over the weekend, Saturday is forecast to be the better of the two days. Jobs done last night other than getting wound up by EBay included copying a whole load more of my old photo strips onto the computer, lots of Crosville, Cumbria and Manchester. Just a couple of DVD covers to complete to be bang up to date, things I'm considering include regional bus archive for East Anglia and Essex as I have some really juicy clips to introduce .










The car is all loaded up, off to Lakes early then hopefully truck filming afternoon then dash back , pick up case ( and Mandy) and then off to Sue's in Cannock, back home Sunday night, don't forget to see us at Gaydon

No comments: