Tuesday, June 16, 2009

GAYDON COMMERCIALS GALORE

one of the most amazing things of the last few days was Saturday morning at Gaydon when I met my half sister, Susan with her husband Graham. From my natural father's side Susan was like my quite nervious about the encounter although I had had quite a lot of practise over recent years.
The sun kept shing through the weekend and we were quite burnt to a crisp by the end of Sunday. Saturday it turns out is more like a setting up day although by end of play about 65% of the 530 attending vehcles were in place. The US rigs are controversial amongst British enthusiasts but draw plenty of attention

The super heavy weights of the haulage business also draw large crowds. after a dismal days trading we were really hoping that it would all come alive on the Sunday.


Whatever the mode of transit I suppopse the end result for the cow would be the same, still its would travel in style in this Comet.



the were some very nice tippers at the show, this one is a Dodge




more classic than vintage but there were lots of 70s / 80s trucks which looked just right to me





as the weekend wore on space became a premium and back up display areas saw the arriving rigs depositing their loads all around the showground


the smaller commercials joined vans and dormabiles on the higher ground.
Last night I went to see My Geary at Spire Murrayfield hospital near work, the choice of location would have been fine if it wasn't for the fact that the appointment was 9pm, we didn't get home until nearly midnight. Need lots of xrays and two more MRI scans which should happen a week today, probably need an operation on my foot and knee.
I did manage to almost complete the Penrith DVD and have already downloaded much of the Gaydon xcoverage. More Youtube clips tiomight and some covers to complete. Next project is a Regional Bus Archive on East Anmglia and Essex with lots of super 'new' material.
















No comments: