Thursday, May 14, 2009

PENPALS FOR CHINA REQUIRED
















An amazing email received today via the English teacher of the little girl who approached us in the coal mine in china near Handan, anyone whio has children who would like e pen pals let me know and I'll put everyone in touch.

Hello, Dave!
I don't know whether I can call your name directly. I think you're sure you've had a good time in New Er Zhuang Coal Mine. And you may remember a little girl who greeted you there. You've given her two pieces of namecards.
That little girl had g very happy time. She said she had never talked to a foreigner. Even she had never seen one. She has got great confidence to learn English through she had successfully talking with you. It has a great help for me to teach them English. So I will say "THANK YOU" here.
I think you're very busy working in your company. I don't know whether you can introduce some little boys or girls to me and let them to make friends. And let them to write e-mails each other. I think it'll be a good way for them to practise their English. Don't you think so?
I don't know whether you can receive this e-mail. Please write back soon

The new car has had a run to and fro from work, I got a cancellation booking for my MRI scan and went this morning to Newcastle Under Lyme near Stoke, quite an experience. Wouldn't do if you were claustrophobic. A selection of photos today fro our recent Newcastle Upon Tyne visit





No comments: