Thursday, April 22, 2010

GROWING OLD AND FORGETFUL CAN BE TIRING

from our friend Albert Gonzalez Masip in Barcelona some news of metro preservation:-
Last Friday, at 00.30, out of normal underground service, TMB launched a special historical service using for first time after many years the 3-car train from 1924 wich last run in 1987. It was a very special event for me as it was my usual mean to go to the university. This time, the train run on line 2 from La Pau station to Sant Antoni, where refreshments were provided (champagne and cakes). The an outbound trip to leave the train at La Pau, finishing at about 2.15 am.
The train was driven at full speed with no stop at closed stations and with a full noise. The service was reserved to several fan societies and cars were full as at peak hours. You will find a film in youtube at http://www.youtube. com/user/ Munchausson# p/a/u/0/TX3- -NlzY8Y filmed by an ARCA member. Fine. Enclosed a pic I took there.

anyway another sunny cloudless day, I was hectic at work and delighted to be on my way home albeit the aborted Portugal flight in the event took place on schedule and I understand arrived on time. I suppose we'll get there one day. In my rush I left my coat behind with keys, credit cards, mobile etc, I had to go back later , collect spare keys and back, made the evening go quick I suppose. Don't forget we are off tomorrow to London and back Sunday night when I'll bring first results of the trip, equipped with photo permit and TfL permit lets hope for a fruitful journey. Possibly visiting Stevenage, Luton and Edgeware tomorrow thence to central London Sat / Sunday.

No comments: