Monday, November 10, 2008

CHINA GOING BUST



























weekend of contemplation to a degree with both the festival of remembrance at the Albert Hall watched after the cenotaph ceremony on Sunday. A bit annoyed that the bands were messed up by talk over but I suppose that’s always been the case in later year, salutary to think as an infant I was at Eastbourne cenotaph from about 4 onwards, George was Kings Liverpool Regt like his father before him, my natural grandfather on the Vincent's in the Navy, my other grandfather from West Cork also served in the British forces, all regulars. All sections of my family would have seen losses in the great war, the cenotaph was unveiled on 11th Nov 1920, the day my adopted mother Marion Shove was born, she would thus have been 88 tomorrow had cancer not taken its toll. Wasn't it pleasant to write of happy trips to Wrexham and Shrewsbury.










The Thomas Fischer itinerary is now posted albeit still in German only, I fancy the Portugal segment of the Iberian trip if I can get back in time for the Bristol rally although I have seen no confirmation of its date.
A link to my favourite rally calendar http://www.skylineaviation.co.uk/buses/events.html






And to Intra Express for your transport trips http://www.strab.net/sites/intraexpress/index_gb.html






Both highly recommended






I got the pictures on the London archive finished last night and have just the sound to add then I must finish editing the Wrexham and Shrewsbury before starting perhaps the last of George Roberts collection on DVD. I'm still hopeful for the online London archives.










Mandy went down to Spode today for some bargains, it like Royal Worcs and Dounton has gone bust and future unknown!

No comments: