Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month

a reminder of Christmas in Hong Kong 1997
what you all want for Christmas of course, a copy of my book!

last shots of Wrexham on Saturday









At 11 am there was a 2 minute silence to remember the armistice of the great war, only in Ellesmere Port as I sat outside the butty shop the buses, taxis, cars and pedestrians carried on, a couple of other car occupants were obviously similarly quiet waiting the Greenwich time signal. So many youngsters and even not so young have no idea about their recent history, its like being British and knowing nothing of Waterloo or Trafalgar, of Agincourt or Hastings.

Last night I just managed to finish the sound on the latest London archive film, ready to do the DVD tonight before I crack on with Wrexham and Shrewsbury from the weekend, then I'll do the next London archive. I'm still up to date with DVD covers, I job I hate, orders seem to have gone quiet after a brief flurry, will a Christmas rush ever come.
Chased up Amazon yet again, nothing heard back. Booked for Clonter Opera, the January annual competition. Words out on the local farm whose superb goose wrapped around pheasant, duck, turkey etc is sublime, we should be getting discount on all the trade we put their way. Everyone at work seems to be falling with flu, hope I don't get it.
Mandy got most of our presents wrapped up today, the cards are ordered and we are ready for all your DVD orders, all systems go!!





No comments: