Thursday, August 21, 2008

GOOD OLD SUSSEX BY THE SEA

Nowt so important this weekend as the BOOK!!

Berwick last Friday afternoon on way to Lathalmond



Aviemore depot, experimental ticket machine bus? Outside old Highland / Rapsons depot, last Saturday

I thought I'd better focus on getting our Syrian Visas sorted out this week, the form was a bit vague and it asked for a letter from employer, difficult for Mandy, I hesitate to put PMP ! I phoned them, very nice lady who said it is just a formality and they are very flexible and not to worry too much! Still its another thing to get sorted.


Well I hope you are all going to try and make the effort to come and see me at the book launch at the Festival Of Transport at Hellingly in Sussex this Sunday 24th August. We'll be under cover in the marquee so no matter what the weather throws at us, possibility of doing a live reading but I'm not sure if I'll have an audience. Its taken a few years sweat and blood to get to this stage, I've also got some flyers to send out which people can either order direct from or request gifted copies to friends and loved ones ( enemies perhaps if they don't like it). The actual publication date remains 1st September but you could be amongst the first to get a copy, I'll be doing the bus devotees launch at Heaton Park in September and Showbus for the southern counties, late September, remember though it isn't a transport book, just one bus photo, well another does have buses in it, well what did you expect. Then there's me as a bonny baby and innocent school child, so cute, wonder where it all went wrong, yes buy the book find out for yourselves.


Perhaps you'll get a double dose of blogs from Scotland which will keep you going until I get back next Tuesday with tales from the weekend. It was late last night when I finally found a batch of cine films I'd borrowed from John Bishop then tucked away for safety as I'd forgotten to give them to him at Cobham in the spring. It's been such a long time, I'd better remember to go and tidy Marion's grave at the cemetery in Old Town, she would have been proud of the book and waylaid everyone with it produced with a flourish from her handbag.


I'll have Lathalmond's cover ready tonight, I've already had a flurry of orders for Inverness. There are enormous changes about to happen on EBay which is a pain I could do without but we are going to upgrade to a higher level shop and should have more visibility on the searches although shop inventory is going to vanish, just sell it now status. Multiple item listing may save relisting every time I sell, its at no extra cost, in fact the more I list the cheaper it will be relative to the present position on EBay but there is bound to be all sorts of traumas.


We are travelling south in Mandy's car and whilst with John and Maureen I hope to cover a large quantity from John's video output this season including recent Netherlands visits with heaps of museum tram and trolleys plus current scene. Don't forget I welcome comments and feedback ,
our e mail as ever dave@pmpvideo.fsnet.co.uk








No comments: