Thursday, August 14, 2008

EGYPT TRUCKS HIT THE ROAD


Another quiet day for orders which is a bit of a godsend as it enables us to catch up a bit, tonight I'll be loading the car for Lathalmond Scottish National Bus Museum open weekend in Fife. On Saturday dependent on weather I might head out with the camera, also depends how Mandy feels she'll manage on her own. The new Scottish archive will be pushed for its official launch there.

I'm getting some flyers done at Prontoprint for singed copies of my book which can also be gifted, I'll put these in with orders for the next couple of months, ideal Christmas presents perhaps, normal price , perhaps they'll become collectors editions, remember the Eastbourne Bus Story sold out and fetches a premium on Amazon etc.

What about Birmingham council dishing out a quarter of a million flyers with pictures of Birmingham Alabama instead for Brum, they wouldn't even admit they'd made a mistake at first. Last night I caught up with all the covers including the latest Irish Truck film.

I've loaded all my 1996 and 1997 Egypt coverage ready for a new truck compilation, there were great shots in front of the pyramids and some scenes in Alexandria. I might follow up with my 1990s Asian material from Nepal, Indian, Hong Kong and Myanmar, Burma still had Albions and AECs then.
What next , well another Scottish archive perhaps but I think some more London would be appreciated. There are lots of tram and trolley systems topical like Gori etc in Georgia which I filmed in the 90s. I am open to persuasion especially if a group offer the potential for multiple sales, we've still around a 1000 on video only.
Weather outlook yet again remains bleak, weather men say its just average, pratts.No news on book printing, I'll chase again by mid week, really hope to get it on the Friday. I do hope some of you will join me at the launch at the Festival Of Transport at Hellingly in East Sussex on the Sunday at bank holiday weekend, there is also a Maltese television crew on hand making a documentary for their TV system.

Thursday night, the Egypt truck DVD is now ready

Remember tomorrow we head up to Scotland so it will probably be Monday night before next blog

No comments: