Wednesday, December 17, 2008

TAKE ME BACK TO IRELAND







all in Tipperary last Saturday

Our friend John Bishop is busy recording the last day of operations at Eastbourne Buss, a company whose roots go back to 1903 and it was the earliest municipal to gain rights to run motor buses. An attempt to establish trams locally was blocked by the wealthy inhabitants although the Modern Electric tramway of Claude lane did serve the Crumbles as a tourist attraction in my childhood days. Tomorrow it will be Stagecoach, what a full circle its been through. I had to go to the opticians as I'd had a bit a trouble with my eyes, turns out very early stages of cataracts but it won't need op for years however my prescription had changed quite dramatically, falling apart with old age eh. The Tipperary truck film is now available and tonight I'm copying some family film, not sure about forthcoming weekend, certainly packing for New Zealand whatever else. The Manchester area bus tapes are still in my sights ready for Boyle St and a Regional archive on the South West is very likely.
Kind words from Margaret in Holton St Mary who thinks are truck films are 'great', many thanks, great to be of service to a whole new set of people through the advert in Classic Commercials.

No comments: