Tuesday, October 07, 2008

GETTING READY FOR SYRIA

Lacey Vincent bn 1856 my Gt Gt Grandfather


a reminder, my autobiography is now on sale, you can order from me, or via web site link to the publishers shop, my site

www.pmpvideo.com




A really rotten night last night, after time tidying up the front borders, removing the Dahlias which are over, I also cleared the tomatoes plants from the greenhouse. Mandy received some bad news regarding a family member, health scare and then when I downloaded the Nottingham film from Saturday I found that the newly cleaned and serviced camera had a bad had or drum and was intermittently dirty throughout. A bit can be salvaged but with the trip to Syria on Friday it rather put the cat amongst the pigeons as I need a working camera and my other was by now in for service. Thankfully that has now been collected and is working but to be sure I've located a brand new one, a Sony VX2100 the same or similar to the others which may or may not arrive before the trip.

I tried booking the transport for next couple of trips before Christmas, Ryanair takes but seconds to book and went through at a bargain rate, they have a sale with free seats, just Tax to pay. The Channel Tunnel completed with infrequent post fire crossings was another matter, took ages to sort, in fact I was still booking it this morning. I has some success again with family history , albeit cloned research by others that needs substantiation but got a lead back to both 15th and 16th centuries on direct ancestors, that’s more than most people could ever dream off, in fact 17th century is positively mundane on my tree!

I had to dash up to Oldham to collect the camera, rotten weather no day for film or photos. I might try and get some archives covered tonight.

No comments: