Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CORDOBA ARGENTINA TROLLEYBUSES ETC

I arrived in Cordoba after the long bus ride which knackered my back, I headed north from the bus station following the railway line till I hit the trolley wires and knew roughly where I was. Someone shouted from offices by the electric sub station, I thought perhaps they had a problem with me there but after I crossed and followed the trolleys city bound I saw the possible problem, I had been pointing towards the cities tiny red light district, all this at just 10 am. Cordoba wasn't such a fine place as had been described, all in all it was exclipsed in my memory of Argentina by Rosario and certainl;y Mendoza from my last trip there. Trolleybus wse it had a varied enough fleet
The nice mix of trolleys and liveries made it interesting, most drivers were ladies, the city center was full of narrow shadow strewn streets difficult for photography and really crowded. The way around this was to head out into the suburbs, most of the north of route A was traversed, up past the antique shops, the old prison and hospital. I was warned that it was dangerous there with the camera but the only trouble came at the bus station from the ' chocolate soldiers'

The South American bus fleets are generally colourful although interiors I found didn't always live up to the exteriors.

Today my back continued to give pain, particularly in the morning. Busy editing the SA trips films.


No comments: