Monday, November 19, 2007

WONDERFUL FRIENDLY BARNSLEY





well hopefully I've done enough to redeem myself with Barnsley, both Mandy and I had a great time there Saturday morning, friendly cafe in the arcade, great shops Mandy says. Bus wise, well I wasn't foolish enough to tread inside the new bus station with the video that would be pushing it but otherwise drivers and passers by alike everyone was very friendly and chatty. Not quite the bus mix when Stagecoach took over the Tracky but not bad.

Afterwards went to the third world for an hour aka Wakefield where they lived up to expectations. Astonished at the bus station exit that all buses cut off the roundabout and leave the wrong way against the traffic, I witnessed two near collisions with cars which were taking the correct route. Most of this I put down to Arriva which I am a shareholder in and disgusted with their local management who ignore the basics of health and safety and tolerate the situation which I am bringing to the notice of the relevant authorities.


No comments: